Becrypt Limited (“Becrypt”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) recognises that many visitors and users of our website are concerned about the personal information they provide to us and how we treat that personal information. This Privacy Statement has been developed to enable you to understand how we collect and use your personal information and the basis on which it will be processed.
For the purposes of data protection laws, the data controller is Becrypt Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 04328430, whose registered office is Artillery House, 11-19 Artillery Row, London, SW1P 1RT, England.
Becrypt is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office ZA169602.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give to us. This is collected on an individual basis. We will collect certain personal information from you when you:
- Request and/or purchase content or services;
- Send us a job application;
- Participate in surveys;
- Register for a free trial; or
- Log in to our portal and/or any of our apps.
This personal information may include for example your name, company position, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, credit card details, IP address and account usernames.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and your login information;
- information collected through Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
How do we use the information we collect?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to and for the purposes set out in this Policy. These are:
- When you give your consent;
- When necessary for the performance of a contract we have entered into or are entering into with you;
- When necessary to meet our legal obligations, to deal with any complaints and for the enforcement of our terms and conditions; and/or
- For our legitimate business interests which include security purposes, improvements to our Website, improvements to our solutions and services and for general marketing purposes. We will not do so though where our interests are outweighed by your interests, rights and freedoms.
We may use your personal data in the provision and administration of goods and services that you have requested and/or to respond to your queries. That may include contacting you about our programs, products, features or services. Where you don’t provide us with certain information we may be unable to process your request or respond to your queries.
We use information collected on our website in the aggregate to better understand your use of the website and to enhance your enjoyment and experience. Every time you connect to the web site, we store a log of your visit that shows the unique number your machine uses when it is connected to the Internet - its IP address. This tells us what your machine has looked at, whether the page request was successful or not and which browser your machine used to view the pages. This data is used for statistical purposes as well as to help customize the user experience as you browse the web site.This helps us to understand which areas of the web site are of particular interest, which pages are not being requested, and how many people are visiting the web site in total. It also helps us and our partners to determine which products and services may be of specific interest to you. We may attempt to contact you through these details if necessary, including, without limitation, when you are using the wrong paths to access the web site or are breaching restrictions on the use of the web site. We may also use this information to block IP addresses where there is misuse use of the web site.
If you purchase or use our products or services, we may use your personal information and (where applicable) payment information for purposes which include but are not limited to:
- verifying your credentials,
- verifying your usage of the products and services in accordance with the terms and conditions of your agreement with us,
- providing training sessions for which you have registered,
- providing maintenance and technical support,
- providing information about product upgrades, updates and renewals,
- generating logs, statistics and reports on service usage and service performance,
- developing and enhancing products and services, and/or
- processing orders and generating billing information.
Certain products and services may include features that collect additional personal information for other purposes, as described in the applicable customer agreement. For detailed information, please refer to the applicable product or service description.
Becrypt Partner Portal
Our resellers and distributors may visit our Partner Portal website. We may use the customer and prospect information provided on that website in order to provide the products and services.
Disclosure of your information
Whenever we disclose personal information, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that it is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We may share your information in the following ways:
- with any actual or prospective seller or buyer of our business and/or any assets. Information held by us about our customers and any users will be one of the transferred assets;
- with any third parties for the limited purpose of ensuring that you do not receive marketing communications from them on our behalf;
- with our group companies, which means our subsidiaries and holding companies;
- in order to comply with any legal obligation or as otherwise permitted by law;
- for debt collection purposes;
- for security purposes or to protect our rights or those of a third party;
- in the conduct or defence of legal claims or in order to enforce our terms and conditions; and
- for the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies, governmental or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. This will include public authorities, insurance companies, finance companies and/or other agencies.
Becrypt is an international business with users in many countries across the world. When you give us personal information, it may be used, processed or stored anywhere in the world, including countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). We will only transfer your personal information outside the EEA where the organisation receiving the personal information has provided adequate safeguards. By providing us with your personal data you agree that we may transfer, store and process your personal data outside the EEA.
Except as set out above, we will not disclose your personal information save where we need to do so in order to enforce our rights. We will not share your personal information in ways unrelated to those described above without providing you with an opportunity to opt out of such use or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Opting Out of Receiving Communications from Us
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or any other type of information from us, you may send us an email through our Contact Us link to change your preferences. In addition, please be aware that your ability to opt out from receiving marketing and promotional materials does not change our right to contact you regarding any services you have purchased or other transactions.
Where we store your information
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the personal information that we collect. If you have been given log-in details to provide you with access to certain parts of our website (for example our Partner Portal), you are responsible for keeping those details confidential.
Information you provide to Becrypt is stored on our secure servers located in the United Kingdom . We take reasonable steps to ensure that any third parties hosting our website and our other services have adequate security measures in place to protect personal information.
You have a number of rights in relation to your information. You have the right to:
- request information regarding the personal information that we hold about you and the source(s) of that information. You can request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. This service is usually free of charge, although we have the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’ in some circumstances;
- request that we rectify any inaccuracies in relation to the personal information we hold;
- in some circumstances, request the erasure of your personal information or object to the processing of your data;
- object to any direct marketing;
- in some circumstances, request that your personal information be transferred to you or a new provider if the data is processed automatically;
- withdraw consent to us processing your personal information. This will not affect the processing already carried out with your consent; and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office;
For any enquiries regarding the above rights or if you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email to email@example.com or by post to Becrypt Limited, Artillery House, 11-19 Artillery Row, London, SW1P 1RT, England.
How long do we hold your information
We will hold onto your information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was provided to us or collected (eg. for as long as is necessary to provide any services requested by you or to respond to your queries). Where processing is based on your consent, we shall only process it until such time as you withdraw your consent.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of changes
We reserve the right to amend or vary this Privacy Statement at any time and the revised Statement will apply from the date posted on the website. Please review this page regularly so you are aware of any changes.